If you are already thinking about the spring (aren’t we all) and when you’ll be starting your spring cleaning, you might be interested in these unusual and surprising spring cleaning tricks to help you get your home ship shape again.
- Pesky pet hairs: We love our animals, but not the deposits they leave behind. If pet hairs are bothering you, put on your rubber gloves, make them we and then simply wipe them over the hairy surface. The hairs will stick right to them!
- Wine worries: Spilt a glass of wine? Forget expensive chemical detergents. Spray a little shaving foam on the spill, leave for a moment and then simply sponge away.
- Lampshade dust: Delicate lampshades won’t stand up to a vacuum hose, so get your lint roller out to remove dust instead.
- Marker pen marks: If your kids enjoy a bit of ‘decorating’ themselves, remove marker pen stains quickly and easily using toothpaste with bicarbonate of soda in.
- Crystal clear windows: To give your windows a completely smear free sparkle, use a scrunched up old newspaper to wipe them clean and dry.
- Revive glassware: Glasses, vases and other glass objects that are losing their shine can be fully revived by adding a handful of uncooked rice to the water.
- Shiny chrome: For dull looking chrome ware, rub on coca cola using a screwed up ball of tinfoil to revive and bring back the shine.
Of course the greatest weapon in the spring cleaning war is space. Create more space, and you’ll be able to keep things cleaner and tidier more easily. Consider hiring a self-storage unit if you are running out of room to give your home a cleaner, fresher appearance.